Old February 4th 15, 04:20 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Looks like you have a winner in that camera. What's the Canon show unmodified?
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post
Just for fun another picture from the beginning of September with the unmodified Fuji X-A1. After my Namibia holidays (where the camera only had to do some series with normal camera lenses) I wanted to see if it could give a decent image of a "classical" emission nebula.
I used an Astronomik UHC filter for "one shot narrowband".

Taken from Berlin with an Esprit 150ED APO, unmodified Fuji X-A1, G11 mount, guiding via finder scope, 14x10 minutes at ISO 800.
Considering night temperatures of 15-16 degrees Celsius and my "no darks, no flats, no dithering" lazyness, the images came out surprisingly clean. I guess that Fuji has to tinker with the raws in order to get such clean images, but if it works it is OK with me.

Stefan