Old July 14th 03, 07:21 PM
Michael McCulloch

Default NexStar 114GT

"Stephen Paul" wrote:

I've since removed the OTA for use with a Unistar Light mount from Universal
Astronomics, but for a time I used it this way. I really didn't like the
noise from the motors, so I've sort of given up on the N4 mount. At 1AM the
sound gets pretty damned annoying.

Is the Nexstar GT mount noisy? What about the N5/N8 mount?

The 60/80GT is noisy too. I've never heard the N4, but the GT
definitely makes some noise when slewing in altitude and the tracking
'purring' sounds are a little intrusive.

I have a 3 year old N8, and it is considerably quieter when slewing
and tracking. I can tolerate it all night. ;-)

---
Michael