Old April 30th 05, 02:33 AM
Stephen Fels

"Ted Molczan" wrote in message
A Titan IV rocket is scheduled to lift-off from Cape Canaveral on 2005 Apr
30 at 00:50 UTC (Apr 29 at 20:50 EDT). The duration of the launch window
has not been announced.

I happened to see it by chance, as I was pulling into my neighborhood. For a
moment, it looked like an amber streetlight was casting a streak across my
windshield. As I faced east, I pulled over and rolled down the window, to
get a better look. The flame looked very yellow and seemed to have a lot
more "sparkle" than a shuttle launch. I could just make out the smoke
column, which appeared to arc right-to-left (northerly).

Then, the flame changed to a blue-white and separated into three stacked,
intense, white dots. After several seconds, the two lower spots dimmed,
turned red and showed signs of tumbling (winking in and out). I watched the
third spot, until it faded from view.

By coincidence, the radio station I was listening to had received a call
earlier in the evening, that got them talking about aliens. They were
talking about the scene in Signs, with the birthday party, when people
started calling in about the rocket "sighting".
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com