Old January 16th 04, 02:51 AM
Regina Roper

Default Utility we found that makes our old Telescope Observer program work on fast computers

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:19:16 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

Dear Regina,

There's a simpler solution, though you'll have to Google for it. There is a
simple patch for older compiled Turbo Pascal programs. The problem is that
there's a timing routine in the startup routine, and it runs too fast.

I simply don't remember where I found it or what it's called, but it's free.

Thanks, and thanks too for your wonderful books!

Do you happen to remember if this patch is required BEFORE recompiling
the program, or if it can be applied to any compiled and existing
executable?

I haven't the foggiest idea where the compilers are...we've moved and
they may be in storage. Stephen hasn't written any code since 1996.

RR