Old August 6th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default getting my feet wet - first pics - 4 attachments (1/3) - 1 attachment(1/2)

Ryld wrote:
You are using way too much magnification for the moon shot. Best to cut
back on the power when taking the shot to shorten up the exposure time.
It will be far clearer both because with the fast exposure the
atmosphere had no time to fuzz the image and it won't be using empty
magnification. With that scope 1.5 to 2 seconds of arc per pixel would
be about what you want under best of seeing conditions. That would give
a moon that's 900 to 1200 pixels north to south. If still fuzzy then
you can reduce the size of the picture with any image processing
software until it is sharp.

Try to avoid multi part posts. Often they all don't get through. I got
1 and 3 but not part 2 for instance so can only see this part.

Rick