Old April 16th 04, 07:32 PM
Yoyoma_2

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hi oc and Painius. Maybe the blackhole is showing us that the graviton
is a particle that goes faster than the photon.

C is the fastest speed in the universe. photon or no photon. The only
thing that goes faster than light are pilot waves which are
complex-domain and aren't observable in our universe.

I do whole heartedly believe that the graviton is a particle. Now if we
could only devise an experiment that would make gravitons interfere .
Can anyone suggest one? I need bonus points for my modern physics
course . From what i hear gravitrons are thought to have spin of 2,
which would mean a symmetric wave func.

(Newton would like that)

I think any physicist will tell you that particles can't go faster than
c in the real domain.

We don't have any idea of the graviton's speed. Maybe its field and
force wave only goes from equator to its poles. Much like the Earth's
magnetisim goes from pole to pole. How far the blackhole's gravity wave
goes out would come under the inverse square law as to its strength from
points away from its center.

I would think that in a black hole's event horizon, quantum effects
would be more pronounced, especially quantization of gravity which is
totally unobservable by us but if i remember in class we calculated it
to be 1E-12m or the like.

But i'me not a phisycist, i just have to take modern physics courses for
school.

I'm sorry oc I can't see the energy
of space creating the push force that ends up pushing gravitons back
into the interior of a blackhole. A French Astronomer went with
this theory about 200 years ago,and had to give it up. The reason was it
created more problems than it solved. It is little better than GR curved
space. Quantum gravity tied into the string theory are two closer
to reality(my thoughts) Bert

I whole heartedly agree, though i'me sceptical about string theory (or
"M-theory" to be more precise since there are like 4 string theories,
and one big theory containing all of them called M-theory. If i
remember correctly.

The 11 possible dimensions kinda freak me out But it is totally
possible, and maby just unobservable.

Remember 100 years ago the idea of an electron tunelling through an
engergy barrier was totally rediculous, Now we design with this in
mind, low enough that me little Software Engineering undergrad sees it
in his physics courses.

Anyway my 0.02$ CAD.