Old April 4th 04, 09:46 AM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

Hi Painius Thinking about the strong nuclear force that holds protons
together even though they would like to push apart by their like
charges,this strong force could obey the inverse square law,by pulling
harder as particles move further away from each other. It seems to fit
with my convex,concave theory that Einstien thinking would go with
Bert

Let's recap, Bert...

As protons tend to push further away from each other because their
electric charges are positive and repel each other, the strong nuclear
force is a particle- (gluon)-transfer that keeps protons together...

....so they *cannot* and *do not* move further away from each other.

And since the strong nuclear force operates this way only within the
confines of the atom's nucleus, or more precisely, the strong force
appears to have *no* influence outside the nucleus, then it cannot be
described as an "inverse square law" force. If it *were* this kind of a
force, then as you know, its power would diminish as the square of the
distance, and its influence would be felt beyond the nucleus.

Bill and i happen to believe that the strong nuclear force *does* show
an influence beyond the nucleus in the form of large-scale magnetic
force. We disagree in that Bill also connects the strong force with the
large-scale force of gravity, and i happen to associate gravity with the
weak nuclear force.

That last paragraph is pure conjecture on our part and is not science
strictly speaking. It may be intuitive, but there is no scientific evidence
as yet to confirm or deny the connections.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Do you have yourself a dream?