Old April 4th 04, 12:09 AM
OG

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
OG Yes I do know how the inverse square law works. Have a post right
here in our news group. Sorry if you don't know how it works so read,ask
David or go to Google. You would never believe me(YES) Bert

Inverse square law
The effect is proportional to (1/x)^2

Therefore as x increases, the effect is diminished in the ratio of the
square of x. Thus if x is twice as great, the effect is (1/2)^2 , or 1/4 (a
quarter - implying less effect).

Your post said
"strong force could obey the inverse square law,by pulling harder as
particles move further away from each other"

Which is why I wondered whether you knew why it was given that name, because
no way could any single force obey the inverse square law AND SIMULTANEOUSLY
pull harder as the particles move further away from each other.

Now maybe your understanding of the law is different. Feel free to explain
how, but please stick to the point.