Old August 28th 14, 01:43 AM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default An experiment to determine if we're living in a hologram

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:51:30 AM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:32:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Brad Guth

wrote in

:

In deed, so how does this massless energy manage to tell atoms what to do?

If the photon is truly massless and of only a 2D non-volume that can manage to align atoms at any distance, and otherwise

entangle itself over vast distances at way FTL(WFTL), then what's stopping it from moving/propagating at WFTL?

Perhaps the original singular photon as a magical phantom wavy-particle doesn't actually have to even move.

Photon is defined as h.v (h.omega), where h is Planck's constant, and v its frequency.

Thats is all there is to it, it is the product of 2 numbers.

It is NOT a particle.

If the wind blows in a way (repetition rate) so something blows of your table,

and we say the wind came in waves with frequency f and the thing blown of your table was one of many little pieces of paper,

we have f x paper_piece = windton.

That paper piece is a particle, but f x paper_piece is no particle.

Neither is it the wind, and neither has it anything to do with the air molecules the wind is made of.

But you can give that energy a direction and what not, vector, victor eehh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

But it is still only a mathematical construct.

The WAVE however has its frequency, polarization, amplitude,

and waves in something we have not yet detected it seems (ether?) virtual particles popping in and out of existence?,

chicken soup? what have you.

Give it some time till all the Einstein parrots are long gone,

not holding my breath though.

I do not understand people make such a fuss about something so simple.

I can agree with most of that, and still can't understand how such numbers that represent the photon actually travel or propagate, especially when entanglements have proven no such quantum travel taking place.