Old August 27th 14, 03:07 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default An experiment to determine if we're living in a hologram

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:14:58 AM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Aug 2014 03:25:28 -0400) it happened Yousuf Khan

wrote in :

A physics experiment might soon tell us if we're living in a 2D hologram

| The Verge

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/26/60...living-in-a-2d

Now, the experiment they are describing sounds remarkably like the

gravitational wave experiments that they've been doing for years

already, without any luck. And which in turn, sounds remarkably like the

Michaelson-Morley experiment of the 19th century which was used to

disprove the existence of the Luminoferous Aether.

So how exactly are they expecting to find waves here, that the

gravitational wave experiments that have been running for several years

has not been able to find? Some of these gravity wave experiments are

several miles long too!

Better:

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/presspass/pr...-20140826.html

I remember IIRC in Germany some unexpected noise was discovered,

that made one theoretical physicist propose the holographic universe,

or put his theory in the spotlight that predicted such noise.

I have no idea at this point, RF noise is almost omnipresent, and

can have many causes.

Laser beams are by themselves not really that stable.

But it gives them something to do.

:-)

That the universe is made of waves is nothing new (as theory),

but still waves need to wave in something.

So this will drag on very long I think.

2D?? I think not.

Guy spend too much time watching a monitor.

Indeed, or merely exclude the photon, and what do we have left?

How can a photon that supposedly has zero mass be so important?