Old September 24th 12, 03:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Warp Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say

On 9/22/2012 8:04 AM, Dave U. Random wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/warp-drive-may...09.html?_esi=1

Some news articles claim that Warp 10 would be equal to 10 times the
speed of light. That is obviously wrong and I reckon they didn't pay
much attention when watching Star Trek.

Well at much risk of revealing the kind of Trek knowledge that I
preferred my wife didn't know I know :-) , ummm, obviously they never
read the "Star Fleet Technical Manual"... IIRC (been awhile) Warp Factor
goes up as the CUBE of C. Thus Warp 1 == C, Warp 2 == C**3, Warp 3 ==
C**6... etc....

FWIW (which is not much)

Dave

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Star...dp/0345495861/