Old January 23rd 19, 12:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default All you need is $100,000 worth of Astro-Physics gear and SBIG/FLI

On Sunday, 20 January 2019 19:55:26 UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 3:23:39 PM UTC-8, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 20 January 2019 07:28:39 UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 7:31:54 PM UTC-8, RichA wrote:
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/Do...l-christen.jpg

Takahasi FSQ106ED
http://www.takahashi-europe.com/imag..._u16m_full.jpg

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap080719.html

I've seen some all some images with the Tac
Takahashi FSQ 106ED and a Hutech modded Canon 6D
http://www.astrobin.com/full/256526/0/
http://www.astrobin.com/full/256526/0/?real=&mod=

I've never been a huge fan of wide-field shots, I prefer shots of individual objects. Some widefield shots of things like Orion can be quite spectacular, revealing all the nebulosity we never see with our eyes even using telescopes, but a lot are kind of hazed-out by all the hydrogen gas in an area, which is find when there is structure to it, but not so great when it just looks like haze.