Old April 8th 09, 07:37 PM posted to sci.space.station
John Doe

Default Criticism of the terms "Zero Gravity" and "Microgravity"

Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you deliberately being pedantic?If you understand gravity, then you are
the only person on this earth who does. Is there in fact anywhere where
there is zero gravity?

From a practical point of view, free falling or being at a LaGrange
point cancels out the obvious aspects of gravity. But it doesn't
generate 0 gravity environment.

Consider this possibly flawed analogy:

You are sunbathing outdoors in middle of winter. The cold temperature
may cancel out the heat from the sun, making the sun appear to be
neutral for temperature, but the sun's UV rays are still impacting your
skin.

Until we fully understand gravity, we must consider the possibility that
acceleration of mass may not be the only impact gravity has on objects.