Old December 29th 06, 09:54 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Chris

Default The Cow Paradox

Most ET don't think we are worth contacting, 8000 years of warfare and we
are still at it. I think they are more likely to pick up a few nice ones for
pets and gas all the rest so they can take over our lovely planet that we
are obviously not fit for.

Chris.

Some cows are nice pets.

"Rob Dekker" wrote in message
news

"Keith Wood" wrote in message
Seth Shostak muses over a fourth-rate burger:

http://www.seti.org/site/apps/nl/con...993&ct=3300521

Sounds very wasteful to me. Why would a Type II civilization expend
so much energy just to contact a lowly Type I civilization like us?

I agree.
There is not much use in flashing lights at alien cows, since they cannot
answer any way.
It's so much intelligent for them to set up a smaller beacon and wait
until we develop technology to find it and we can actually answer them.
A Type II civilization did not become Type II by being wastefull and
stupid.

Rob