Old May 13th 06, 11:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

jonathan wrote:

"What began as a desire and need to carry mail by air
became today's global system of passenger airlines."
http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es...rmail/POL6.htm

There can be little doubt that the efforts of the US govt
to jump start commercial aviation has changed the
world substantially and for the better.

The military started off by providing the initial technology,
rikkety Jennys, and some daring pilots. But the govt provided
something else far more substantial to creating the
world-changing industry of commercial aviation.

A market! A cargo! The US Airmail.

So....what is the market/cargo for space?

You mean, like
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/zucocket.htm
http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/z/zucux33.jpg ?

Please, give me a huge break.

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org