Old October 22nd 04, 11:53 PM
James

"Allen Thomson" wrote in message
om...
Chuck Stewart wrote

[snip other attributions 'n stuff]

... the Star Trek transporters was invented because the TV
production company didn't have enough budget to do a "space ship
landing"
special effect.

Could have sworn I saw Star Trek like transporters in Forbidden Planet
(or is my memory playing tricks on me?)

Er... no, but you saw something that looked like the transporter...kinda.

Note that the subsequent scene showing the landing was a really neat
"space ship landing." A most amazing film.

Supposedly Gene Roddenberry got some of the ideas for the interplay between
Kirk/Spock/McCoy from the way the captain/first officer/doctor "got on with
each other" in Forbidden Planet ... at least, according to an interview I
saw with Walter Koenig.

James