Old October 20th 04, 03:35 AM
Jose Pina Coelho

(AA Institute) wrote in
om:

"Grimble Gromble" wrote in message
news:bgaad.1897

Is there any particular reason that you'd want to build a planetary
ring other than inspiration from science fiction stories?

Time to own up... Yes that was *exactly* the inspiration! Although
creating a ring was never a sought after goal in my propsal, rather a
*desirable* side-effect from carving out my asteroid to build a
habitat within its interior.

Desirable ? Poluting an already congested space with megatons of rock
shards ?

So, why don't you carve your habitat in the place where you find the
asteroid, then leave the rubble there and bring the thing here, not it's
probably 1/3 of the mass, hence easier/cheaper to move ?

--
Doing AIX support was the most monty-pythonesque
activity available at the time.