Old June 24th 04, 05:17 PM
B Starr

Default Which planetary eyepiece?

(Richard) wrote in
om:

I have not had the opportunity to use either of these products, and
can't
wait long enough until I do to choose. So if my goal is detail on
planets,
which do I use?
Astro-Physics Super Planetary Eyepieces or the TMB Super Monocentric
eypieces?
I've got a decent compliment of orthos, Brandons, Taks, have used
Pentax orthos, etc, etc, and really
want to see if either of these offer an improvement. Maybe both will.
Thanks.

Check the Aug issue of Sky and Telescope for a review of the TMB Super
Monocentrics.

The reviewer noted astigmatism in the TMB's. Strange for such a narrow
field of view. Is this a problem with other monocentrics?

B Starr