Old March 8th 18, 06:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Polar astronomy

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

20th /July/2010 to 20th/January/2012 found in the jpg image address.

It is not enough to pronounce that the illusory loop of Mars or indeed any of the slower moving planets with larger orbital circumferences than the Earth are resolved though an overtaking perspective while leaving the direct/retrogrades of the faster moving planets unattended.

All the whining directed at me doesn't alter the fact that direct/retrogrades of the slower moving planets is accepted separately to the perspectives of Venus and Mercury. If somebody can insert an illusory loop into the actual loop of Venus in the 18 month sequence of images above then good for them, everyone else can stay with an animated graphic long enough to watch Venus and Mercury move in one direction against the stars until they reach their widest point before turning back in front of the Sun where they move in the opposite direction -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

http://www.theplanetstoday.com/

As Venus and Mercury are currently are an evening appearance they are to the left of the Sun and will eventually overtake us before becoming a morning appearance to right of the Sun due to our slower motion.

So we do see Venus and Mercury both as actual loops and in direct/retrograde.