Old July 12th 05, 10:19 PM
Donna and Ian

laura halliday wrote:

Probably my all-time favourite dawn sighting was watching
Orion rise at dawn last year at the Mount Kobau star party
(early August). Magic!

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

Hi Laura,

It was in August of 1969 that I first noticed what I later
learned is Orion's Belt - I was fascinated by the line of
three stars rising over the houses towards east in the
dawn sky. I looked at books in the school library, the town's
technical library and a friend showed me Patrick Moore's
Astronomy Yearbook, which had a complete year of monthly
charts showing how to identify the major constellations.
Orion in the dawn was my introduction to Astronomy.

Have you seen this page .. ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/qsl-hamsinthesky.htm
... possibly not because you're not there.

73, Ian

--
Ian Stirling, G4ICV, AB2GR, Long Valley, New Jersey, USA.
Email address is not valid: contact details are on that