Old June 24th 17, 05:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Eclipse for 21st century observers

http://www.zam.fme.vutbr.cz/~druck/e..._mo1_stars.jpg

All stars transition from a twilight appearance (left of the Sun) to a dawn appearance (right of the Sun) however a solar eclipse presents an opportunity recognize the stars close to the central Sun and its glare in totality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ&t=4s

The state of astronomy is so poor that I had to borrow that graphic from an astrological website even though proof of the Earth's orbital motion is contained in the stellar transition as are the founding references for timekeeping.

The novelties of celestial sphere observing which began with the introduction of the calendar based RA/Dec framework is a calamity for a world who is asleep or ignores what it dumped on humanity. The response to easy to understand principles is clearly inhuman hence an intellectual shoah that exploits and robs people from connecting with the motions of our planet in context of the solar system and galaxy.