Old October 12th 15, 02:28 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default V2 in Ukraine in 1944 ???

I just saw a (UK or US ?) TV docu about Korolev and von Braun. Was
"Step by Step Production" by "Laurent Portes" 2013. Had some new clips
I never saw before. I got a big laughter at a filmed statement von Braun
gave in May 1945 for the US public.

But a surprise was the statement by the author that the Soviets found
two V2. One in Poland (no wonder related to Heidelager near Blizna) and
the other in the Ukraine. It was not mentioned when they found it there.
But the Ukrain was liberated (or recaptured, what ever you like today)
in summer / autum 1944. So any V2 could only be stationed there before
mid 1944.

But I never heard about V2 units or operations there or at the eastern
front at all. It was all against the west. Anyone any idea what this
Ukrainian V2 was about?

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##