Old January 3rd 10, 06:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics
BradGuth

Default Our 0.11% hollow moon, and near infinite vacuum of Selene L1 /Brad Guth

On Jan 3, 9:05*am, Nightcrawler wrote:
On 1/3/2010 10:11 AM, BradGuth wrote:

btw; *3e-15 bar creates a great deal of suction, or lift against that
robust lunar crust that you claim is as solid as any fused basalt can
possibly get. (I wonder what's underneath)

What suction? *Lift? *Bwahahaha.

Are you actually suggesting that under that thick and mineral
saturated basalt crust, that you claim isn't the least bit porous or
otherwise hollow, that the interior of our moon(Selene) is at
something equal or less than 3e-15 bar?

What claim?

That's right, silly old me, as you never claim anything unless it's
100% scripted within your NASA/Apollo bible.

How much larger would an empty party balloon get, if having been tied
off at essentially 1 bar (14.8 psi absolute), in other words pre-
inflated at 0.1 psi, and subsequently released on the moon?

So much for the empty balloon. *It would appear that you want to have
your cake, and eat it too.

I happen to like cake, as long as it doesn't have too much icing.
Otherwise you are correct, whereas that initial 0.1 psi (minimal)
filled balloon would have instantly expanded beyond its molecular
elastic shell capacity when released into that 3e-15 bar environment.

So, your best swag as to how much pressure or gravity induced
compression should exist below that supposedly solid/fused lunar crust
that's 120 km thick (average of ~ 60 km)?

~ BG