Old April 5th 10, 06:53 AM posted to sci.lang,alt.usage.english,sci.astro
Tony Cooper

Default "Year of Our Lord" in the news

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 00:30:41 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 07:55:08 +0800, Robert Bannister

What I don't understand is why those who don't believe in Jesus Christ
keep calling him Jesus Christ. Isn't the core of the question whether
he was a christ or not? It seems to me they weaken the appearance of
their argument, or the argument itself, when they call him by a title
one would otherwise think they think he doesn't deserve.

Because most people think "Christ" is his surname - Mrs Mary Christ had
a baby and called it Jesus Harold Christ.

Okay, you guys have convinced me that is the reason, even among those
with Jewish or Christian backgrounds.

I guess the ex(?)-governor of Florida doesn't help.

Most of us in Florida wish he had been ex- long before this.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida