Old April 21st 05, 02:15 AM
JATO

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:09:22 -0400, Davoud wrote:

JATO:
The mosaic in the link below was created from 52 images using the Meade LPI
and my 10" LX200GPS.

Each of the 52 images is made up of 30 individual stacked frames for a
total of 1560 frames.

It took approx I hour to capture the images and about 4 minutes to create
the mosaic. (The small black "monolith" in the upper right is a missed
over-lapped frame. This was my fault not the Autostitch software.)

Fill in the black rectangle with Photoshop's "Clone" tool. Who's to
know?

I would.

This is my first ever attempt at a "astro-image mosaic". Even though I
missed a section by not over lapping a couple of the individual images
enough, overall I am happy with the image. I am going to try again during
the full moon.

http://www.jatobservatory.org/Galler...pano_Moon.html

Very nice work -- sharp, and without obvious digital artifacts.

Thanks. It was a fun project. I will try it again during the full Moon.

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org