Old April 20th 05, 07:20 AM
John Hyde

On 4/19/2005 9:34 PM, JATO jato wrote:
The mosaic in the link below was created from 52 images using the Meade LPI
and my 10" LX200GPS.

Each of the 52 images is made up of 30 individual stacked frames for a
total of 1560 frames.

It took approx I hour to capture the images and about 4 minutes to create
the mosaic. (The small black "monolith" in the upper right is a missed
over-lapped frame. This was my fault not the Autostitch software.)

This is my first ever attempt at a "astro-image mosaic". Even though I
missed a section by not over lapping a couple of the individual images
enough, overall I am happy with the image. I am going to try again during
the full moon.

http://www.jatobservatory.org/Galler...pano_Moon.html

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org

Isn't it amazing what can be done with the careful application of
technology. As a thought, I'd be very interested i what you got if you
combined images taken along the terminator over the course of a month.
I doubt you would be able to stitch them in 4 minutes, but the extra
work might be worth the contract details you could potentially obtain.
Just a thought.

JH