Old August 4th 06, 08:23 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,alt.astronomy
Skylon

Default A tour group just returned from Baykonur with great photos

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Skylon wrote:

Wow. That cockpit looks familiar...

Here's one in more detail:
http://www.buran.ru/htm/soi.htm

The overall layout may appear similar, but the details are all different. I
pulled my shuttle cockpit photo off the wall and held it in my hand while
looking at the close ups of the Buran. Aside from the placement of the
three CRT's, the details of the control panel are completely different.

Check out the US shuttle cockpit he

http://www.spaceevent.com/images/des...le_cockpit.jpg

Note the use of many dial type gauges in the Soviet version where the US
version has many linear type gauges.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

I stand corrected. The stripped down one mainly looked a lot like
shuttle's cockpit because of the locations for the three CRT's.

Based on the photos of the fully equipped cockpit though, it is a good
deal different.

Thanks for posting the pics!

-A.L.