Old May 11th 06, 12:12 PM posted to sci.space.history

Default screens in Apollo Mission Control

Stan Marsh wrote:
Not true, a big old sack of crap. That particular program had about 5
minutes of decent content, if that much...

Y'know, I'd just read about that recently, but the details escape me
right now; iirc, they weren't actual "live" digital systems, but
something somehow involving printed fresh data broadcast over a CCTV
link, and that the screens in the consoles were actually, basically, tv
sets on which the controllers could "change channels" to bring up
different data.

Still, that's really badly remembered, and I suppose it's time to step
aside and let Sy Liebergot explain this to us...

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org