Old July 27th 05, 06:14 PM
Brian Tung

Robin Leadbeater wrote:
Quote:

"The moon is the brightest object in the night sky. Unlike stars, it does
not give off light of its own. Its 'light' is a reflection of the sun's rays.
The moon appears as shapes (or phases) when the Earth comes between the sun
and the moon, casting a shadow. The moon completes its orbit of the earth
every 29 days. The current phase of the moon along with its setting and
rising times can usually be found in newspapers. "

I corrected the text and provided new diagrams - not sure if they used them
mind you.

Well, it's not *terrible*, right? Only one complete bonehead remark in
the set.

The weird thing is that I've met some scout leaders who really are
interested in the night sky, and I find it hard to believe that they
wouldn't have sent corrections along, too. Wouldn't you, in their
position?

--
Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt