Old March 1st 15, 10:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 11:15:34 AM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Water up your way must be cold.Revere Beach had cold water,but at times the Gulf Stream came in. Cape always got the Gulf Stream and millions went to its beaches. TreBert

Bert, the tap water here in Gresham is not only cold, but tastes much better that the water in Portland! Fresh from the melting snow, I guess.

Weather here in downtown Gresham at 1:45 PM is sunny and calm at 55F.

I just noticed on a sign above my computer that I am entitled to "two" 1-hour sessions per day. So that is a little better than I had thought.

Gresham is a livelier town than I remember it from the old days with lots of restaurants and even beer gardens! But also lots of vacant space. I saw what looks like a mall turned into a church, and an historic church turned into a restaurant. The new library is only a couple blocks from the smaller old library which is now a museum. It's a much different town than when we used to come here when I was a kid to buy feed for the cows, and eat either fish and chips or else Chinese food. Maybe there was also a Dairy Queen. There used to be a Piggly Wiggly Store here in the old days, but I think that's gone. Instead there is Safeway, Fred Meyer, Walgreens, Albertsons, and all the other chain stores.

Fun to be back in familiar, yet much changed territory.

Double-A