Old August 27th 08, 07:16 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
Mike Nolan

Default [fitsbits] fitsverify and "implied" table columns themselves...?

I guess we all got so caught up in Paper 3 that we forgot to check
back with Paper 1. The problem isn't with the "Green Bank Convention"
for degenerate columns. As Bill Pence said, it's that we're using the
image version of the WCS names rather than the bintable version: We
should have 1CRPX1 instead of CRPIX1. I could try to get this changed,
but I think the users would revolt, since it's been this way for years
now and we have many TB of data.

It's hard to believe I never looked at fitsverify on these files before.
Oh well.

Thanks,

-Mike

--
Mike Nolan +1 787 878 2612x334 Fax: +1 787 878 1861
Arecibo Observatory, HC 3 Box 53995, Arecibo, Puerto Rico 00612 USA