Old July 3rd 06, 07:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.moderated
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Worth The Mission?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:19:04 -0400, in a place far, far away,
(Derek Lyons) made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

There is an unhealthy tendency among a certain class of space
enthusiasts to define exploration as 'everything and anything *except*
what the Shuttle (and/or ISS) is doing'. This flies in the face of
reality - in which there is a great deal of scientific and exploratory
work done that *isn't* boldly going.

There isn't much science or exploratory work of any kind, bold or
timid, occuring on Shuttle or ISS.

In any event, I'm not all that big on exploration, myself. I'm more
into space development and settlement.