Old July 3rd 06, 07:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.moderated
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Worth The Mission?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:48:17 -0400, in a place far, far away,
(Herman Rubin) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Forty acres on the moon might be a little more appealling, if it
weren't against the Outer Space Treaty...

So?

Perhaps it's time to renegotiate that.

It's actually long past time, but it doesn't seem to be on anyone's
policy radar right now.

Do you think that ANY government on Earth, including
US, wants individuals (not agents of governments) on
the Moon or anywhere else in space?

I doubt if many governments have given it much thought. I don't think
that the US government cares, though some individuals within it might.