Old May 4th 04, 07:45 AM
Derek Lyons

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:
Actually for baking it's often far worse. I saw a quick test done once. I
think it was 3 different sets of cups and spoons. None matched the
equivalent device in the other set. (i.e. all three teaspoons held different
amounts).

Which isn't a big deal so long as you cleave unto one set forsaking
all others. In baking it's *proportions* that matter far more than
actual weight/volume. (For home and small batches anyhow.)

So, ultimately it's all relative (and this is in fact the way I believe
professional bakers do it all.)

Yes, professional bakers (and serious amateurs) monitor proportions,
but they only measure wet ingredients by volume, dry ingredients are
measured by weight.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.