Old August 15th 08, 11:05 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas Heger[_3_]

Default Physicists Seek Answers to Quantum Correlations

"Robert Karl Stonjek" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Physicists Seek Answers to Quantum Correlations

After performing multiple tests on two entangled photons, physicists have
yet again found that the photons seem to be communicating faster than the
speed of light - at least 100,000 times faster. The researchers hope that
their results might encourage theorists to come up with new explanations
for
the strange quantum mechanical effect.

My personal explanation goes like this:
I think about a state as a certain pattern. If you take out a chunk, the
rest remains. Now we have to think of a photon as a state, that fills some
space
It is actually a part of a system, if you think of an antisymmetric space.
Than to a 'plus state' there is a 'minus state' in opposing direction.
Time is now a way, we label certain events. In this case the movement of a
photon through empty space. If we think about spacetime a such an
antisymmetric space, than we can think of time as a movement of the
observer, while the photons move instantanious. This would gain a constant
speed of light, because to a timestep we have a spacestep and the relation
in vacuum is always the same.
Best way to imagine this relation is, to fold a narrow elipse along a
diagonal line. The circular speed is in fact infinite, but we experience
that as c, since we get moved ourselfs.

TH