Old May 9th 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC3294 From Colorado Springs

Doug W. wrote:
Got out last night for a bit before clouds moved in... Seeing was a bit
better than average. This is a beautiful spiral of the "Grand Design" form.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3294.htm

Nice one! Too bad it isn't closer. Looks like it would be a beauty at
10 million light years instead of the 80 or so it is from us. Though he
seems to be trying to get away via the side door!

We were supposed to get overcast by midnight so I went with a little guy
last night, even smaller angular size than this one figuring I wouldn't
lose much if the clouds did me in. Then they were a no show. Seeing
was only so-so, not the night for a little guy. Oh well, see if I
listen to the forecast again.

Rick