Old November 27th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Focal reducer for LX90 & DSI

"Shim" wrote in message
I've been using an LX90 and DSI for imaging, and I've decided to get a
focal
reducer to increase the FOV. I've had a look at the Meade options, and
there
is one specific for CCD imaging, and others that are more general purpose.
Does anyone have any experience of the CCD specific one, or any comments
on
the other Meade (or other brands) that I should consider?

Further to Roger's advice you could also try the ATIK Focal 0.5 reducer at
£29.
http://www.modernastronomy.com/accessories.html

I have both the Meade 0.33 and the ATIK. They both come in handy for their
differing FOV and at the price the ATIK's a pretty handy 1.25" alternative
with my other scopes too.

The 0.33 can be used optically with a parfocal eyepiece for focussing but
I've not tried it for visual observing though.

For FOV Calcs with different CCD's, Scopes and Reducers or barlows try this
great little tool:
http://www.multimediamadness.net/wod...k_a_camera.htm

Regards

Chris