Old July 10th 03, 01:46 AM
Joann Evans

Default Manned mission to Jupiter?

"Gordon D. Pusch" wrote:

[snip]

Clarke and Kubrick rejected nuclear-pulse early on, not on performance,
but visualization grounds...plus Kublick wanted to avoid comparisons with
the end of his film 'Dr. Strangelove.)

Are you sure you are not confusing this with the deleted scene at the end
of the novel, where the Bowman star-child detonates all the orbital nuclear
weapons platforms when the governments of Earth attempted to target on him,
because he "preferred a cleaner sky" ???

-- Gordon D. Pusch

perl -e '$_ = \n"; s/NO\.//; s/SPAM\.//; print;'

I'm fairly certain I read that in 'The Making Of 2001,' but I've lost
my copy...