Old April 5th 16, 12:40 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_6_]

Default Another date set for Falcon 9 Heavy

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Rick Jones wrote:
Just a peanut-gallery guess, but a big, honking solar power
satellite is the first and only thing which comes to mind.

Even that's not worth it. It's still cheaper to build them down
here.

The almost (shy 3 minutes?) 24 hour sunlight at GEO is a nice draw,
though I suppose that even with storage enough for 24 hour supply it
is still cheaper to do terrestrially.

rick jones
--
I don't interest myself in "why." I think more often in terms of
"when," sometimes "where;" always "how much." - Joubert