Old December 14th 04, 02:38 PM
Zague

Default 100 million years ago

My question may call for an obvious answer but I need confirmation
anyway. My planetarium software doesn't go back far enough (-99 999 BC
for Starry Night) and I don't have access to it now. I might have seen
that the sky is already unrecognizable 104,000 years ago.

Would it be safe to say that, except for the Milky Way, the Moon and
planets, the nightsky would have looked totally alien to us because
nearby stars would be in much different positions in the sky?

Is there any big feature that would be noticeable then that I'm
missing.

Is there a place on the web where simulations, as imprecise as they can
turn going that far in time, can be run just to give me an impression
of what it could have been.

Thanks!

Zague