Old August 27th 06, 05:30 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Ernesto threatens shuttle

Oh very funny...

Don't you think they will have sold out by that time? :-)

Brian

Email:

"TimK" wrote in message
. ..

"Bob Haller" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Oberg wrote:
So how soon do they have to decide to roll back inside?

they will likely try to launch before hurricane arrives,, having it sit
on pad bad idea even tareped imnagine the foam issues......

At great risk of being fired for not going through proper channels I can
tell you that the plan is this:
If we have not launched by Wednesday, the lightning protection system will
be taken down as protection against FOD. The shuttle weather protection
system will be removed and the RSS will be retracted. An MLP has been
moved into the VAB but save for a few SRB segments little stacking has
been done and 103 is safely in OPF 3 so we can then send techs up onto the
VAB roof to retrieve tarps to cover 104. If not enough tarps remain there
is a Walmart in Titusville and we will get whatever else we need from
there.