Old November 21st 18, 06:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default A Journey Around Earth in Real Time [4k]

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 5:42:05 PM UTC, StarDust wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjs6fnpPWy4

There is something lovely about the dialogue of Finnegans where the dialogue goes from internal to Universal, from the historical to the local like a rhyme that is strangely familiar and unfamiliar and spoken by a thousand characters -

" Try not to part! Be happy, dear ones! May I be wrong! For she'll be sweet for you as I was sweet when I came down out of me mother. My great blue bedroom, the air so quiet, scarce a cloud. In peace and silence. I could have stayed up there for always only. It's something fails us. First we feel. Then we fall. And let her rain now if she likes. Gently or strongly as she likes. Anyway let her rain for my time is come. I done me best when I was let. Thinking always if I go all goes. A hundred cares, a tithe of troubles and is there one who understands me? One in a thousand of years of the nights? All me life I have been lived among them but now they are becoming lothed to me. And I am lothing their little warm tricks. And lothing their mean cosy turns. And all the greedy gushes out through their small souls. And all the lazy leaks down over their brash bodies. How small it's all! And me letting on to meself always. And lilting on all the time. I thought you were all glittering with the noblest of carriage. You're only a bumpkin. I thought you the great in all things, in guilt and in glory." James Joyce, Finnegans Wake

These things were on the lips of those entering the gas chambers or those in creative/productive realm where the person lives out their lives where everything is both broad and short, immense and tiny , chaotic and ordered, general and detailed as both a curse and an source of joy. In the end there is a beginning where all things are new hence the first line in the video joins with the last line in the book -

http://www.trentu.ca/faculty/jjoyce/fw-628.htm