Old July 15th 17, 06:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

Default Towards the *fully* 3D-printed electric cars.

In sci.physics Lofty Goat wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:29:28 -0000, wrote:

It's almost as though you imagine I think puerile techno nerds represent
the average person.

Not to belabor a point, but about those nerds....

They invented the aerospace industry. They invented the electronics
industry, and made out pretty well. They invented information and
communication technology and took money to the bank by the truckload.
(Seeing a trend here?) They're busily engaged in inventing robots,
biological engineering, applied genetics.

Most of the people involved were hard working, level headed engineers
and programmers working in teams not socially inept loners in mommy's
basement.

So, no, they don't represent the average person. They represent the
above-average person.

I'm a nerd, in my own modest way, and damn' proud of it.

Your definition of nerd is not my definition of nerd.

Hell Jim, you used to be an electrical engineer, didn't you? Have you
thanked a nerd lately? You should.

Nope.

--
Jim Pennino