Old June 8th 16, 05:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default 'Wasteful' galaxies launch heavy elements into surrounding halosand deep space

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 3:55:22 AM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 2:06:51 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

The elements that make up your body may have come from the very star you all seem to ignore day in and day out.

Un-freaking-believable!

How can anyone be so uninformed?

You simply don't have the slightest clue!

I read an article last week where the current empirical icon was casting gloomy predictions about the planet's temperature on account of carbon dioxide while at the same time the same guy is on television advertising a range of Jaguar cars but I doubt anyone noticed this example of the current anarchy where anything goes.

Most of what I do is interpretative astronomy based on motions that already exist and largely connected to terrestrial sciences as cause and effect however I can venture into speculative astronomy and what was once one of the bright areas left - the relevance of a supernova event. By my own admission I was startled at the appearance of rings of SN1987A even though stellar processes indicate that geometry including the pre-supernova Eta Carinae -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...EtaCarinae.jpg

Due to a large number of physical considerations it is possible to envisage that not all stars end their life-cycle in a supernova event but rather give rise to a solar system with stars at various stages in that evolution visible out there.

Since I started typing this I see Rolando declare that he was at the birth of the solar system to definitively declare that he knows all there is about stellar processes and solar system evolution but, of course, this comes from the same mind that can't tell you what the Equatorial speed of the Earth is per hour and proud of it to boot.