Old March 8th 18, 12:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Andromeda is going to collide with us. Save the Milky Way!

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
"Hägar" wrote in message

"Whisper" wrote in message

On 7/03/2018 1:31 AM, wrote:
The absolute bottom line on all this IS :

Distances are so vast, that Man's NEVER going to go anywhere outside
the Solar system.

Do the simple math :

Distance = Speed x Time

Even at near or equal light speed, which is most extreemly UN-likely,
times would be prohibitive due to very great distances. At current
conventional space travel speeds, times would be thousands of
MILLENNIA !

I believe this is the reason that we're NOT visited by allien species
which likely populate the cosmos ...

Correct. If you reduce the size of a typical star down to a dime you'd
only get 4 stars in the whole of USA. That's how sparse the Milky Way
is. I vote no actual 'collision'.

*** there are photos of Galaxies that actually have "collided" and
as you said, without nary a scratch. There were gravitational
displacement disturbances, but no physical collisions.
The analogy I like: it is like throwing a football through the
equatorial plane of our Solar System and hitting a planet.

***Trailer parks will be the first to go. You're ****ed. Again.

Or like throwing a football through noTroll's brain ... it

would pass through without ever touching any gray matter ...