Old October 26th 17, 08:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Default Ozone layer recovery could be delayed by 30 years

RichA wrote in
:

On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 00:24:41 UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy wrote:
RichA wrote in
:

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 3:08:48 PM UTC-4, Gutless
Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
RichA wrote in
:

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 21:10:24 UTC-4, StarDust
wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41585552

I thought, this problem is solved?

It's over the Antarctic, so who cares? Deranged greenies
going to fret over penguins getting skin cancer?

At the height of the scare, the absolute *worst* case
prediction of the destruction of the ozone laywer was an
increase in UV radiation that was the equivalent of moving
from Norway to the Mediterranean coast.

--

The same chicken-little kooks who wrote that have a ZERO
prediction accuracy rate over the last 50 years. Like oil

They've done very well at the only prediction that really
matters:

"If I scare people with this fake prediction, I'll sell a lot
of copies of my book. And since nothing bad will happen, next
year, I can write another book and do it all again."

The bookshelves are weighted-down with quackery and ideas aimed
at mediocre minds and worse, horribly gullible people.

That is because there are a *lot* of such people around.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek