Old April 7th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Earnest

Default Addressing the formation of the solar system

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Mark Earnest wrote:
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch
Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum seem to work pretty well.

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSyst...&SubCate2=SS13

Is a fairly reasonable basic introduction to the topic.

Regards,
Martin Brown

No, YOU tell me how gas anti dissipated into the Solar System.

Gravitational attraction of mostly neutral matter, a small amount of
dissipative friction and radiative cooling of the accretion disk is all
that is needed to allow solar systems to form and planets to condense.
Gravity is the weakest magnitude force but it always attracts.

Shockwaves and excreta from nearby supernovae almost certainly played a
part in our solar systems formation - it contains far too much iron and
heavier elements to be a first generation star.

Don't rely on some cryptic nonsense as some kind of "explanation."

You mean like you do? Superstitious cryptic "just so" stories are no
"explanation" of anything.

Regards,
Martin Brown

It isn't "matter" that coalesced, it is gas, and gas does not coalesce
without some kind of help.

If you don't know about the supernatural, then you don't know
why under the correct conditions, corn turns inside out to form popcorn.