Old May 3rd 05, 01:36 AM
Jim Kingdon

Default EELV: Competition? No thanks

Looks like the Air Force has decided that it doesn't believe in
competition after all (I'm assuming that the Air Force was consulted
as is planning to say yes, although I assume that their approval is
still needed):

United Launch Alliance will be structured as a 50-50 joint venture
between Boeing and Lockheed Martin -- combining services currently
provided separately by Boeing Integrated Defense Systems' Expendable
Launch Systems division and by Lockheed Martin's Space Systems Company
-- for launches of each company's respective rockets.

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0505/01eelv/