View Single Post
Old October 27th 17, 12:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default The First Known Interstellar Comet

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:16:38 AM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

It is good that you marvel today at imaging Paul because a few years ago it was somewhat different -

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...015%2Beng..jpg

Gerald... you don't actually think that you have referenced a photo here, do you? I shudder while waiting for your response...

You already know that Venus and Mercury are seen to run their circuits from a slower moving Earth therefore the perspectives change for the slower moving Mars,Jupiter and Saturn seen from a faster moving Earth.

So don't be depressed, you were among the first to see the partitioning of perspectives and how to account for a moving Earth, a central Sun and the change in relationship between an evening and morning appearance of the background stars as the Earth runs its circuit of the Sun.

No, Gerald, I was definitely NOT among the first to know about these things, several centuries have elapsed since these motions were first understood. Just because you think that you were the first to recognize this material does not mean you were, you were simply late to the party.

Don't be depressed, there are still lots and lots of facts about astronomy left for you to learn... if only you were a just little more capable of learning anything at all. You have SO much of it wrong now, it would take a long time just for you to un-learn what you think you know now, years and years, I'm guessing.

I know you are sincere and confident of your vast knowledge, but that is no substitute for the reality of it all.