Old August 28th 14, 05:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Rick Jones

Default SpaceX Reusable Rocket Prototype Explodes Over Texas

In sci.space.policy Jeff Findley wrote:
For now, it's looking like that's not a big issue. So far, the
Falcon 9R tests (up to the latest which had to be destroyed during
flight, not landing) have all been successful during the landing
phase. If this were an issue, I think we would have seen a failure
sooner than now and it would have been during landing.

Was the "during flight" test object an F9R or was that a Grasshopper?
Anyway, it may have been my Mk I eyeballs not working well with fuzzy
video but that last water landing looked like the stage was not
vertical when it met the water.

rick jones